Saturday, July 10, 2010

G20 Toronto - Illegally Stopped And Asked For I.D. (Public Works Protection Act - LIES)



Sunday, June 27, 2010 - After personally seeing an arrest and hearing of multiple arrests around the city for not surrendering your I.D. to police I did not want to get arrested and waste an afternoon, possibly the night in Torontonomo Bay so I forfeited my I.D. under duress so I could get some more footage. My fundamental rights as a Canadian were violated by these two York policemen in the streets of Toronto at the G20. Little did I know I would get arrested without warning later that day after being surrounded by riot cops and undercover cops alike at the corner of Spadina and Queen. My rights were clearly violated in this encounter you just watched and later when I was arrested the cops broke the battery off my camera and lost it, they also lost my GPS. Still pissed at myself for not standing my ground. This is not acceptable Canada! The chief of police should step down or be removed for knowingly deceiving the public into thinking that the law was passed.

"When asked Tuesday (June 29) if there actually was a five-metre rule given the ministry's clarification, Chief Bill Blair smiled and said, "No, but I was trying to keep the criminals out."
Premier Dalton McGuinty still hasn't explained why cabinet passed the regulation change in secret, and then kept it secret." Source: theglobeandmail.com

No comments: